Tuesday, October 28, 2008

DISC JOCKEY

I am the owner of my own Mobile Disc Jockey service known as "In the Mix Productions" I started this company about 2 years ago with my best friend Mike. We have our own light show, and Karaoke systems along with 60,000+ song titles. I have been in the DJ business for about 6 years when I was in High School I started helping a guy in my neighborhood who owned a DJ Business, He has been Djayin for almost 20 yrs now and has given me great advice and knowledge on how the business works. His Company is known as AudioStar enterprises and is probably one of the best DJ's in the Snake River Valley. I currently work for both companies and am hoping to someday be able to Aquire the majority share of DJ business in Idaho. There are lots of mobile DJ's in this area but most of them from what I have seen are not real Professional Disc Jockeys. Things that make in my opionion a professional DJ is first Equipment. Do they have speakers that are sufficient to do a Dance? meaning, are their speakers from their parents home entertainment center or are they actual professional speakers. (you can tell) also is their music selection sufficient to please most crowds? is their music knowledge sufficient to incorporate the proper music to the right crowd? not hip hop for 90yr olds etc. With the world of Music going Digital these days the professional sound companies that make Disc Jockey equipment are incorporating new computer softwares and attatchments so the modern DJ can use his laptop as a mixer for his songs carrying an external harddrive with his music instead of a cart load of CD jewel cases. I use the PCDJ/FX VRM program on my Laptop with the PCDJ KJ attatchment for my Karaoke carrying all of my music files on a 500GB hard drive. This limits the amount of space needed to set up as well as cuts down on loading time. I do have a 240 cd case that is my own personal selection of music that I listen to on my own time but I always have enough music with me on CD to play as a back up in case my computer or harddrive has a mental Beakdown during a Dance. This is a great way to save your butt from getting fired or losing face in front of Clients for faulty equipment. Check out my website at www.Inthemixproductions.net for more information

No comments: