Saturday, November 15, 2008

"What the crap are the Freaking Rules!!!???"

How many people hate the dating game? I do!!!! I have noticed that dating is something that doesn't come very easy to me or most of my Friends. This week I had one set of friends break up and another finally get a girl to go on a date with him. The sad thing is that the break up couple broke up due to lack of commitment on part of the girl and I saw it coming not to mention her friend started dating her Ex 2 days after they broke up. (Lots of Drama) My friend met this attractive girl the other day they hit it off and then made a date for tonight. she canceled! "something came up". I've noticed as I have conversed with various people both males and females and they all have the same complaints like:
There is no Commitment on their part!
"Constant excuses to get out of a first date: i.e. I have a family thing, i have class, it's my nephews birthday, have to go pick a family member up in another city. (just a few)
"there are no Descent- Guys asking me on dates!" (I clarify it as no descent guys I'm interested in....)
Anyways you get my drift.
I want to make this an analogy of a few games that most people play and are familiar with. one is Uno and the other is Monopoly. Both games when played in any situation have the same goal and that is win.. (obviously) Recently Milton Bradley? (i'm not sure who owns the rights to Uno) came out with a "house Rules" set of Uno cards stating that no matter how its played you the consumer make the rules. So when one individual plays the game with one group of people they learn the "rules" quickly or else they lose. well the same goes with Dating. The goal is to get the relationship but the rules are totally different. Do you stack the draw 2 cards or do you take the penalty? with Monopoly do you pay taxes to the middle and collect on free parking or do you just get a free pass on free parking? Unless the rules are announced when the game begins or are made clear when the event happens you are left in the dark. I have noticed that most of my friends and I have a hard time clarifying the Rules to dating and hence we are currently LOSERS at the game.
I am trying to figure out the rules and hopefully use them to my advantage but its a pain. Every person plays the games differently so what works on one Female/Male won't work on the next on. How do you figure this mystery out??? I have no freaking Clue! any advice or insight would be helpful thanks

1 comment:

Katie Lee said...

Dating Sucks... the end!!! I know that doesn't help at all, but I always hated dating. Wondering if they would call you back, wondering if that kiss even meant anything, wondering if the excuses will ever end (Mine were: 'You are like a sister', 'You aren't serious enough', and my all time favorite of one guy just up and moving to another state without telling me.) All I can say is that it really is worth all the heartache once you find the one that will stick with you to the end... the trouble is finding that someone. Sorry, I know I'm not the best advice giver. But you are a good guy, and you will get a good girl... I know it.